"Thanks to Heartland RVs for partnering with me for this post. All opinions expressed are my own."
A few years ago we were camping with our friends, Jay and Stella, at Pine View Recreation Area at Ft. McCoy, Wisconsin after having been to the Heartland Owners Club Wisconsin Chapter Rally. We spent a lot of evenings around a campfire just enjoying being with friends.
One evening, Stella made these tasty treats and we were blown away by how much they really tasted like actual Mexican Fried Ice Cream. If you like fried ice cream, you'll love this easy recipe you can make at home whenever you want!
Stella's Faux Fried Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, crushed
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
1. Scoop out balls of slightly softened ice cream, one per person is good.
2. Place ice cream balls on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or waxed paper and place in the freezer for one hour to harden up.
3. When the ice cream has hardened up, roll ice cream balls in the crushed cereal and generously coat.
4. Return to tray and place in freezer until ready to serve.
5. Drizzle with honey before serving.
6. Add whipped cream and a cherry and enjoy!