Fall is in the air and with Fall comes the need to switch up our menu a bit. Comforting soups that warm the tummy are enjoyed while we snuggle in our sweatshirts watching the colorful leaves flutter to the ground.
This is the perfect fall meal to throw in the crockpot and let simmer away while you do your fall tasks. Whether it be weatherizing your RV for the winter months or setting up camp at a new location, this hearty soup will be a delicious addition to your recipe box.
4 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 pkg Rice-a-Roni long grain and wild rice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
2 cups half and half
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1. Combine broth, water, carrots, celery, chicken and rice (including seasoning package) in a large slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
3. Take out chicken, shred with two forks and add back to slow cooker.
4. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and flour.
5. In medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour mixture to form roux.
6. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth.
7. Stir cream mixture into slow cooker and cook on low for 15 minutes.