September 5th is National Cheese Pizza Day…who knew!? Well, now that you do you must enjoy a yummy cheese pizza (or one with you favorite toppings…I won't tell anyone!) today!
One of our favorite ways to make pizza is to grill it. I make the crust using a mix, shape it, and then toss it on the grill for a few minutes.
After taking the crust off the grill I add toppings: sauce, cheese, green pepper, onions, sausage, pepperoni, etc. and then put it back on the grill for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and the toppings are cooked through. MmmmMmmm Delicious!
You could also buy an already prepared crust and just add the toppings and grill it that way.
- 1 pkg pizza crust mix, prepared (I've used Martha White, Betty Crocker, etc)
- Pizza sauce
- Pizza toppings of your choosing (cheese, hamburger, pepperoni, sliced red onion, green pepper, mushrooms, pineapple, etc)
1. Prepare the pizza crust mix according to direction on package.
2. Shape dough into individual sized pizzas. I don't worry about making them perfectly round...sometimes they come out oblong, sometimes oval or square. Adding a little olive oil to your hands or the outside of the dough will help the dough to keep from sticking to your hands.
3. Place pizza dough on a grill that is at medium heat and let cook about 4 minutes per side. Just until they are lightly browned.
4. Remove from grill and add toppings of your choosing, starting with pizza sauce.
5. Place back on grill and cook covered for about 10-12 minutes; until cheese is nicely melted and toppings are cooked through.
?*Kelly Barnett (2PSNAPOD) is a paid contributor to HeartlandRV's blog. All opinions expressed are her own.*